Cult Critic Movie Awards™ (CCMA) is an INTERNATIONAL LIVE SCREENING FILM FESTIVAL organized by a leading international film magazine CULT CRITIC™. We organize Live Screening event for each Call for entries on the event date mentioned on Filmfreeway. The award is a recognition of what it means to have that founding motivating force. It is much more than a trophy; it is a message that the spirit of the film is alive. The award is a mark of excellence in Motion Pictures. This spirit is felt in every word of a script, every frame, every cell, and every pixel of film produced around the world. We accept films in a wide range of categories. You can reach us if you have a question using the email address. We try to answer each email ASAP, priority always being given to films and filmmakers in actual competition or already having submitted. Please note we do not grant free submissions.
Our goal is to help independent filmmakers screen their films, award them, and show their films to high-level industry talents and public figures. We close each year’s festival by an award ceremony, giving away trophies and certificates and gifts to films, and to filmmakers, cast and crew. We keep supporting and promoting winners and nominees long after their nomination or their win: we follow you on Facebook and Instagram; we share your work… We also have a policy of inviting former winners to become Judges, and former nominees to walk on stage to give away awards to their fellow filmmakers. We have partnerships with media, established film companies, and the screening will take place in a grand historic venue in Kolkata.
CCMA is a monthly film competition. So each month more than 20 films from each category are officially selected and out of them at least one per category is awarded. The most representative is monthly screened in Calcutta and have a free academic and detailed review published in our International film magazine CULT CRITIC™, shared on respective IMDb pages (if applicable). All these monthly winners are automatically qualified for the annual live screening gala in the City of Joy and can be nominated for the prestigious JEAN LUC GODARD AWARD™ (the best of the best). All the monthly winners can receive the prestigious Cult Critic Movie Awards trophies, by paying production costs and shipping costs. The annual event will be a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties in Kolkata in the presence of international movie celebrities. The participants will have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies, and cultural innuendoes. The winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after the screening.
The Cult Critic Movie Awards™ accepts works of all lengths, genres, dates of completion, and countries of origin. Films have no premiere requirements or screening restrictions and may be released or unreleased. Screenplays have no prior distribution restrictions and may be produced or unproduced.
AWARDS & PRIZES:
All projects officially selected each month receive the CCMA laurel and certificate and are rated at their IMDb pages (if applicable). All monthly Award Winners receive the CCMA laurel and customized certificate. They can also receive the prestigious Cult Critic Movie Awards trophies, by paying production costs and shipping costs. Each month, the most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Kolkata, at Indira Cinema, and reviewed by a CULT CRITIC film magazine. These reviews are shared on each film’s IMDb page (if applicable). Some filmmakers, screenwriters, and actors/actresses could be invited for an interview to be published as well in a CULT CRITIC film magazine. Besides MAIN AWARDS, it can be given also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS in the different categories. Each year we select the Best of the Best (from the pool of all award winners from all categories) and the prizes are the CULT CRITIC’s prestigious JEAN LUC GODARD AWARD™ + plus Live Screenings in the theatre at Kolkata.
2022 Winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after screening. We will be providing incentives for winning films, and presenting promotional strategies for the winning films and their directors. First, we conduct an interview with the director which is posted in our portal, plus a published review by one of our esteemed writers from CULT CRITIC magazine. But that’s not all: CCMA will take you global with international distribution opportunities for your films.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM EXCLUSIVELY WITH FILMFREEWAY:
Phone: (+91) 8777047749
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of The Cult Critic Movie Awards (CCMA), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
CCMA is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the CCMA is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive the prestigious ‘JEAN LUC GODARD AWARDS’ Trophy, and Certificate of Recognition. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to the CCMA project, the same film may be re-submitted again after 60 days only.
3. A director/producer may submit more than one film. CCMA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations.
4. The CCMA reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCMA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, and publicity.
6. The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. CCMA project does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the Cult Critic website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the CCMA laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for the CCMA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” films in each category will receive the prestigious JEAN LUC GODARD AWARDS Trophy, certificate, and other benefits.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis, and a link to your film.
12. CCMA project may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the Red carpet premiere, they grant full and unrestricted permission for CCMA to screen the film/video at times of the organization’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they will receive 70% of the Box-office proceeds and the rest 30% are retained by the organization to help cover the overall cost of the project’s presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of the presentation of the Features Film Programs. CCMA project is a non-profit, Cultural Organization with Federal, State, Country & City Tax-Exemptions.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the CCMA project from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the organization, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The organization assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations, or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that CCMA project, in conjunction with HLC Studios, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the organization is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its premiere screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, and all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. CCMA project assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The organization reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavor to present to the organizer a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the event.