The Cult Critic Curation (T3C) project is a monthly film selection program organized by Cult Critic film magazine. T3C is an innovative marketing & distribution platform which focuses on licensing critical classic and contemporary cult films and selling them to cinephiles. The project is an initiative of CULT CRITIC film magazine to discover, showcase and distribute Independent Art-house Cult Cinemas throughout the world. It’s a complete promotion and distribution solution for the selected films. The selected films will be awarded with the prestigious Cult Classic Medal of Honour & Badge and will be listed in the GOLDEN COLLECTION OF CULT CLASSIC, a hard copy film encyclopaedia which will be published annually and will be circulated to all the reputed academic organizations of the world. The program will not only provide the film ‘Cult Classic’ prestige, but also market it and make it go viral.
In the taxonomy of world cinema, cult film holds a very important position. Cult films transgress common notions of good and bad taste, and they challenge genre conventions and coherent storytelling. The basic definition says that a cult classic, is a film that has acquired a cult following. Cult films are known for their dedicated, passionate fanbase, an elaborate subculture that engage in repeated viewings, quoting dialogue, and audience participation. Recent study says that CULT status can arise both through audience’s discourse and through production or marketing strategies. Film with Cult reputation shared certain qualities, thus leading to cult being employed in some contexts as a label describing a certain kind of film. Cult films frequently break cultural taboos, and many feature excessive displays of violence, gore, sexuality, profanity, or combinations thereof. This can lead to controversy, censorship, and outright bans; less transgressive films may attract similar amounts of controversy when critics call them frivolous or incompetent. Cult films are offbeat of the offbeat. A constant reference in the reception of these films is that of physical and mental liberation from repression – a function similar to that of ancient rituals. Cult films are also referred as Underground Film, Exploitation movies, B Movies, Midnight Film, Camp and Para Cinema. Although these are the subgenres of Cult Cinema and all they have few distinguished features. Cult cinema is often considered to be a different entity than underground and avant-garde cinema, but these two spheres commonly intersect. Avant-garde and Underground are two crucial components of cult cinema on the level of both particular films and the broader arena of film culture. The references of few celebrated cult classics are Eraserhead, Donnie Darko, The Big Lebowski, Rocky Horror Picture Show, El Topo, The Holy Mountain etc.
MISSION OF T3C PROJECT:
The Mission of this project is to discover exceptional art-house cult cinema from all over the world, awarding them the prestigious Cult Classic Medal of Honour & Cult Classic Badge and market them worldwide. The project has been initiated to provide a supportive platform for the exceptionally talented independent cult filmmakers who have taken the risk of making offbeat films and help them to market and distribute their films. Another important aspect of this project is to introduce more people to cult cinema and develop a permanent audience base. We believe that a story driven by a genuine expression can stimulate new thoughts that have the power to promote the fundamental principles of humanism; expand creative frontiers; stimulate new levels of compassion, and even lead to social change. T3C project is a venture dedicated to the discovery and development of new Artists and Audiences.
T3C is a monthly selection program and the call for entry will remain open throughout the year. Submitters may submit their films through FILM FREEWAY or through the Cult Critic website’s submission gateway. A cross-cultural and worldwide judge’s panel (from Asia, Europe and America) will minutely review all submitted films every month and publish a list of selected films at the end of the month and the selected films will be screened fortnightly at a prestigious venue in Kolkata.
This is not an elimination process, so there is no 1st, 2nd or 3rd Award. All the monthly selected films will be treated equally and will receive same benefits as Live screening, Marketing, Promotion and Distribution etc.
As we have mentioned T3C is a selection process so there may be multiple films awarded in a same month or may not be a single film.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (+91) 8777047749
PRESTIGE, AWARD, DISTRIBUTION AND MORE:
Unlike other films, Cult Classic receptions inhabit an alternative network of cultural valuation and distinction. This alternative network of valuation exists parallel to – and occasionally within circuits of institutionalized prestige, awards and criticism.
Cult Critic is a division of HLC Studios, a leading multinational film production and distribution company. In this project, we will be providing numbers of incentives for the selected films, and present promotional strategies for them and their directors.
- First, the selected films will be awarded with the beautiful Cult Classic Medal of Honour and prestigious ‘CULT CLASSIC’ badge which the filmmaker can use in their posters / banners for promotional purpose. The filmmaker will also be awarded with the certificate of recognition, the gown, hood and mortarboard cap.
- Detailed review of the film and an exclusive interview of the director will be published in Cult Critic film magazine and its affiliated international journals. A report on ‘Making of …’ the film will also be published in reputed international film magazines.
- The film will be listed in the GOLDEN COLLECTION OF CULT CLASSICS, a hard copy film encyclopaedia which will be annually published and circulated to all the reputed academic institutions of the world.
- The director’s name will be listed in the prestigious CULT CRITIC: HALL OF FAME DIRECTORS GALLERY and remain for ever for his achievement and contribution in the motion pictures.
5.The Film will be promoted through audio visual, printed and digital media and the name of the film will be virally spread through Cult Critic and it’s affiliates’ social media pages.
6.The film will receive Theatrical, Digital & DVD / Blue-Ray distribution opportunity from HLC Studios and its distribution partners.
7.There will be a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties at Kolkata in the presence of international movie celebrities. The participants will have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural innuendoes.
The winners will have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after the screening.
8.The Movie inspired T-shirts, Clothing, and Poster with Director’s signature, lifestyle and decorative goods; Luxury products will be manufactured and kept available in the Cult Critics’ ‘STORE’ for online selling.
The Director or the Producer of the film will receive 50% of the revenue earned from the distribution and franchise of the movie. And finally The Cult Critic Curation project will take you global with its innovative marketing strategy and promotional plans and help you to secure your position in the highly competitive film industry.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of The Cult Critic Curation project, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
T3C is open to any cult film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the T3C is not a guarantee of selection. All the selected films will receive prestigious ‘CULT CLASSIC’ badge, Trophy, Certificate of Recognition, the black gown, the hood and black mortarboard cap. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
- Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
- Once a film is submitted to T3C project, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
- A director / producer may submit more than one film. T3C is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
- The T3C reserves the right to refuse entries.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless T3C, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
- The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. T3C project does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
- After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the Cult Critic website under CULT CLASSICS OF THE MONTH. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the Cult Classic badge on your poster & banners.
- All submitted films will be privately screened for T3C judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
- “Best offbeat of the offbeat” films will receive prestigious ‘Cult Classic’ badge, Trophy, certificate and other benefits.
- Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film.
- T3C project may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the Red carpet premiere, they grant full and unrestricted permission for T3C to screen the film/video at times of the organization’s choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they will receive 50% of the Box-office net profit and rest 50% are retained by the organization. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features Film Programs. T3C project is a non-profit, Cultural Organization with Federal, State, Country & City Tax-Exemptions.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases T3C project from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the organization, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The organization assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that T3C project, in conjunction with HLC Studios will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the organization is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its premiere screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. T3C project assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The organization reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavour to present to the organizer a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the event.